|Return to Top Page
Return to September
YOKOTA AB FRIENDSHIP FESTIVAL
|Yokota AB Japanese-American Friendship Festival
Each year, Yokota Air Base in the western suburbs of Tokyo opens its gates and welcomes its off-base neighbors to visit and see the sights, sounds and tastes of Friendship Festival. The two-day-festival is a larage in scale with many attractions. It gathers about 200,000 visitors every year. Atmosphere is very friendly and for Japanese visitors, American foods are special - many come to enjoy them. Also, for airplane fans, it is a rare chance they can see military aircrafts closely. A huge C17 flew to Yokota for this occasion from Hickam AFB in Hawaii. Japanese ASDF airplanes and vehicles displayed are only for this festival. They are not stationed at the base.
Days: Sept. 16 (Sat) and 17 (Sun).
Access Gate: No. 5 Supply Ushihama Gate
Time: Gate Open HoursTime: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. (Festival is until 9 p.m.)
Features: U.S. and Japanese aircraft displays/ Stage Performance/ Fireworks Show (Sunday at 8 p.m.)
Access: Ushihama Station and Haijima Station
on JR Ome Line (20 minutes walk)
1. Visitors are required photo identification with nationality for visitors over 16 years old.
2. Visitors under 17 years old must be escorted by a responsible adult who is 18 years of age or older and not in high school.
3. Any items being carried to base will be checked at the gate. Large bags, alcohol, glass bottles and cooler boxes cannot be brought on base.
4 No public vehicle parking is available.
5. No pets are allowed in the festival area..(Support dogs.exempt).
6. If a visitor is not a Japanese, a passport of resident card is required. citizen and would like to attend the festival,
C130 Cargo Planes
C17 Globemaster Cargo Plane
Other Military Aircrafts
Metropolitan Police Motorcycle Team
Strong Man Challenge
Dances and Music
Foods and Drinks
Sports and Classic Cars
Return to top of this page